Hi!
My name is Rachel Fisher and I am a sophomore here at TCU this year. I have a CRAZY schedule, but I would not have it any other way. I am a cheerleader, and a member of Zeta Tau Alpha as well! I am an Education major, and I would love to end up teaching history at a University. I am the oldest of three girls, and yes I know my poor poor Daddy :( We are all cheerleaders, and I used to compete. ( the young ones still do!) Jessica, one of my sisters, is a senior this year, and is looking at TCU as one of her options. My youngest sister, Kylie, is only a freshman this year in high school, and colleges are already looking at her for cheerleading.
At first I had no interest in TCU because I wanted to go to a school that cheerleading was a huge honor and compete... OU, OSU, UT were a just a few I got asked to look at, but my grandparents ALL went to TCU. They begged to apply and once I got accpected wee took a tour of the school, and well TCU had stolen my heart the moment I stepped onto campus.
My mom has been a teacher for as long as I can honestly remember, and I love the vibe that you get from walking into her classroom. She interacts with her students, and the flow of everything is mellow but also to the point. From a student I believe that just doing the work does not cut it. I enjoy being pushed out of my element and forced to think out of the box.
Three people I would LOVE to have dinner with or spend any amount of time with would be:
1) Anthony Kiedis: He is the lead singer in Red Hot Chili Peppers, which happens to be one of my favorite bands ever. However, I was very interested in him and read his novel Scar Tissue. I was blown away, and have never read anything like it before and would love to have a conversation with him about his life experiences and how he is still alive today.
2) Marilyn Monroe: She is absolutely breath taking in my opinion. She may have been a bit over the top, but she got noticed and her name still lingers. She left a mark on society for sure, and I love how out spoken she was.
3) My grandfather: Sadly, I only remember bits and pieces with him, but I wish I had so much more. He dies when I was four years old of lung cancer, and had never smoked in his life. My mom said that my younger sister and I were his pride and joy. He spoiled us like there was no tomorrow coming, and I can only imagine what my life would have been like growing up with him. My wish would be to know if I am making him proud by the young woman I am becoming.
Three things to know about me that are some what interesting:
1) My main language was french growing up, until I was put in public school. (6th grade)
2) I am half french and half American, I have dual citizenship.
3) I skipped a grade when I was younger, and I am about to be 19!!
Honestly, I love to read. I read just about anything and everything as well. I am not that confident in my writing, but I am hoping that will change throughout this semester. I hope that my blog reveals a little more of myself to who ever is reading it.
I have read and understand what is expected of me in this course.
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
- Marilyn Monroe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Rachel! Although I have known you for a while, I learned a lot more about you through your intro blog! Which is great! I think that it is awesome that you want to teach history because I love history! That is so awesome that Jessica is thinking of coming to TCU and I know how much you'd just love for her to be here. Also, that is so amazing Kylie is already being looked at by schools for cheerleading! I bet she's awesome. I am so happy you chose to come to TCU but do wish, like you do, that you got a bit more credit for cheerleading. And maybe even some money haha. I had no idea your mom was a teacher but now I can understand where you get it from. I would totally love to meet anthony Kiedis too because I'm obsessed with RHCP and when I saw them in concert I almost had a heart attack. I think it's so awesome you know how to speak french. I have taken it for many years and still no only bits and pieces. I totally love your blog and think the colors are very you. Love the quotes at the end too :)
ReplyDeleteComo te le vu i think that right i pretend to speak french but i think that is really cool... And that pretty sick abotu your sister cheer leading. I think i sit next to you in class and i have a couple of friends that are zetas so tht is cool. That crazy you also like TCu over all those other school awesome good luck with everything this semester
ReplyDelete